GREENSBORO, N.C. – The Emory & Henry College Men's Golf Team completed the fall portion of its season on Tuesday with the second round of Guilford College's O'Briant-Jensen Memorial. The Wasps finished 19th out of 21 competing teams at the event, hosted at the Sedgefield Country Club's Dye Course. The field included eight of the top 35 teams in NCAA Division III and 19 of the top 100 individuals.
Tournament – O'Briant-Jensen Memorial
Host – Guilford College
Format – Stroke Play/36 holes/5-count-4
Course – Sedgefield Country Club – Dye Course
Location – Greensboro, North Carolina
Length – 6,822 Yards
Par – 35-36 – 71
Emory & Henry
- E&H carded a 326 (+42) on the final day of the event, falling three places from Monday's round.
- Sophomore Carlos Andrade (Guayaquil, ECUADOR) made it back-to-back rounds of 75 (+4) to finish tied for 26th overall.
- Freshman Blake Benson (Knoxville, Tenn.) was second for the Wasps with a +10 (81), which was good to tie for 78th while junior Wes Blaylock (Bristol, Va.) carded an 84 (+13) to tie for 98th.
- Freshman Wesley Jones (Seymour, Tenn.) and sophomore Ben Owen (Rogersville, Tenn.) shot 85 and 87, respectively to round out the E&H squad.
- Methodist University, ranked No. 6 in NCAA Division III, earned the team title after shooting 290-290 – 580 (+12), winning the event by one stroke over No. 26 Carnegie Mellon University (+13). No. 2 Huntingdon College was third at +15 (583).
- Huntingdon's Mark Connelly held his lead to capture medalist honors at -3 (68-71 – 139), defeating Greensboro College's Grant Powell by one shot.
- Emory & Henry has now completed the fall portion of its schedule and will be back in action after the New Year.