GREENSBORO, N.C. – The Emory & Henry College Men's Golf Team is tied for 16th out of 20 competing teams after 18 holes at the O'Briant-Jensen Memorial. The annual event is hosted by Guilford College at the Sedgefield Country Club's Dye Course.
The field is the strongest seen by E&H since reviving its program with six of the top 20 NCAA Division III programs in attendance.
Tournament – O'Briant-Jensen Memorial
Host – Guilford College
Format – Stroke Play/36 holes/5-count-4
Course – Sedgefield Country Club – Dye Course
Location – Greensboro, North Carolina
Length – 6,822 Yards
Par – 35-36 – 71
Emory & Henry
- Sophomore Carlos Andrade (Guayaquil, ECUADOR) is tied for 26th after carding a four-over par 75 on Monday.
- Freshman Blake Benson (Knoxville, Tenn.) carded a +7 (78) and is tied for 54th overall while junior Wes Blaylock (Bristol, Va.) shot an 82 (+11) to tie for 84th.
- Sophomore Ben Owen (Rogersville, Tenn.) and freshman Wesley Jones (Seymour, Tenn.) registered scores of 86 and 92 in Monday's round one.
- As a team, the Wasps are tied for 16th with Randolph-Macon College.
- Methodist University, the No. 6-ranked team in NCAA Division III, leads the field after shooting a +6 (290) to lead No. 6 Huntingdon College by two strokes (+8).
- Huntingdon's Mark Connelly is the top individual, carding a 68 (-3) in round one. Trevor Arashiro of Carnegie Mellon University and Grant Powell of Greensboro College are tied for second two shots back.
- Emory & Henry will complete play in the O'Briant-Jensen Memorial on Tuesday.