NELLYSFORD, Va. – The Emory & Henry College Men's Golf Team sits in 10th place with 18 holes to play at the 2017 Old Dominion Athletic Conference Championships. The Wasps completed the second round of the three-round, 54-hole tournament on Monday. The round began on Sunday as a precaution due to the rash of rainy weather which has crossed the Commonwealth over the past week.
Tournament – 2017 Old Dominion Athletic Conference Championship
Format – Stroke Play/54 holes/5-count-4
Course – Stoney Creek Golf Course (Monocan/Shamokin)
Location – Nellysford, Virginia – Wintergreen Resort
Length – 6,935 Yards
Par – 36-36 – 72
- Freshman Carlos Andrade (Guayaquil, ECUADOR) remains the team-leader after carding a +4 (76) for the second day in a row. Andrade moves up four places in the overall race into a tie for eighth.
- Ben Owen (Rogersville, Tenn.) was one of the biggest movers of the round, leaping 13 places to finish tied for 33rd, shooting a 78 (+6).
- Senior T.J. Widener (Damascus, Va.) and freshman Tanner Carter (Saltville, Va.) are tied for 44th overall with Monday rounds of 87 (+15) and 89 (+17), respectively.
- Sophomore Wes Blaylock (Bristol, Va.) rounds out the field for the Wasps after recording a 91 in round two.
- Josh Hill of Guilford College holds his lead after the second 18 holes and is joined by Kell Graham, also of Guilford, and Luke Farley of Washington and Lee University for a three-way tie at the top (-1; 143).
- The Quakers stay at the top of the team leaderboard with back-to-back team scores of 294 (588; +12). Washington and Lee is 13 strokes behind (+25) in second while Hampden-Sydney College is third (+40).
- Emory & Henry will conclude play in the 2017 ODAC Championship with the Final Round on Tuesday.