EMORY, Va. – The Emory & Henry College Men's Basketball Team (11-6, 4-4 ODAC) made 13 three-point field goals on its way to a 76-56 victory over visiting Roanoke College (12-5, 5-3 ODAC) Wednesday evening in an Old Dominion Athletic Conference showdown.
FINAL SCORE – Emory & Henry 76, Roanoke 56
LOCATION – Emory, Virginia
VENUE – Bob Johnson Court at the John Rutledge King Center
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (11-6, 4-4 ODAC); Roanoke (12-5, 5-3 ODAC)
How It Happened
- The Wasps and Maroons traded buckets for the first eight minutes of the game before E&H went on a 7-0 run to lead 24-19 with 7:45 on the clock. Roanoke tied things up at 24-all but Emory & Henry closed the half on a 10-2 run for a 39-29 advantage at the intermission.
- Emory & Henry went two-for-one with Roanoke in the opening 7:26 of the second half to extend its lead to 59-39.
- The Maroons trimmed the margin to 13 (61-48) at the 8:31 mark and 12 (66-54) with 5:35 to play but the Wasps responded to finish the contest on a 10-2 run for the 76-56 victory.
Emory & Henry Individual Leaders
- Sophomore guard Tharon Suggs (Raleigh, N.C.) put up a game-high 20 points, connecting on four triples, and added four rebounds and two steals.
- Junior guard Daniel Spencer (Concord, N.C.) had 17 points, six assists, four rebounds, three blocks and two steals while sophomore guard Dylan Felty (Bristol, Va.) stroked a trio of three-pointers for nine points.
- Senior forward Alic Wynn (Asheville, N.C.) notched five points and pulled down 14 rebounds, including six on the offensive glass.
Roanoke Individual Leaders
- Josh Freund led the Maroons with 17 points, nine rebounds, three assists and two blocks.
- Tripp Greene put up nine points off the bench while Dillion Thomas added nine points of his own.
- Caleb Jordan had seven points, three rebounds and three assists.
A Deeper Look
- Emory & Henry shot 30-for-61 (49.2%) for the game and went 43.3 percent (13-for-30) from long range.
- Roanoke made 39.2 percent (20-of-51) of its field goal attempts including four three-pointers. The Maroons went 12-for-16 (75%) at the free throw line.
- E&H posted a 33-31 rebounding advantage and a 9-2 lead on second-chance points.
- The Wasps also led 16-6 on points off turnovers, taking advantage of 15 miscues by the Maroons.
- Emory & Henry will travel to face Hampden-Sydney College on Saturday afternoon.
- Tipoff is scheduled for 2:00 p.m.