MOUNT BERRY, Ga. – The Berry College Baseball Team (2-2, 0-0 SAA) scored 13 runs between the second and third innings on its way to a series-clinching 20-6 win over Emory & Henry College (1-2, 0-0 ODAC) Sunday afternoon.
FINAL SCORE – Berry 20, Emory & Henry 6
LOCATION – Mount Berry, Georgia
VENUE – William R. Bowdoin Field
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (1-2, 0-0 ODAC); Berry (2-2, 0-0 SAA)
How It Happened
- E&H opened the scoring with two runs in the top of the first, highlighted by a double by senior outfielder Ben Sexton (Lebanon, Va.), and made it 3-0 in the second.
- Berry's offense poured on 13 runs in the second and third to take full control of the game. Dylan Beasley and Casey Whitaker combined to drive in five runs in the second.
- The Wasps scored twice in the fifth answered by four runs by the Vikings to push the margin to 17-5.
- A run for E&H in the sixth with two in the sixth and one in the eighth for Berry made the final score 20-6.
- Garrett West earned the win for the Vikings, allowing three runs on eight hits.
- Freshman pitcher Michael Owen (Charlotte, N.C.) suffered the loss, allowing six earned runs in 1.2 innings of work.
- Emory & Henry will visit Covenant College on Friday for game one of a three-game series with the Scots.
- First pitch is set for 2:00 p.m.