SALEM, Va. – The Roanoke College Women's Soccer Team (6-5-4, 5-2-2 ODAC) opened up a 2-0 halftime lead en route to a 5-0 win over visiting Emory & Henry College (1-15-1, 1-8 ODAC) Tuesday in Old Dominion Athletic Conference play.
FINAL SCORE – Roanoke 5, Emory & Henry 0
LOCATION – Salem, Virginia
VENUE – Donald J. Kerr Stadium
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (1-15-1, 1-8 ODAC); Roanoke (6-5-4, 5-2-2 ODAC)
How It Happened
- The Maroons got things started with a goal by Ellie Schad at the 10:17 mark of the first half. Jillian Bernard was credited with the assist.
- Roanoke doubled the margin in the 44th minute as Barnard collected her second assist of the match for a goal by Lucy Perry.
- Barnard linked up again with Schad in the 50th minute and Perry in the 57th to extend lead to 4-0.
- Just after the hour mark, Barnard found the back of the net for herself, assisted by Jamie Obremski.
Emory & Henry Individual Leaders
- Freshman forward Eva Hart (Asheville, N.C.) had two shots while sophomore Kelci Horner (Salem, Va.) added an attempt in her homecoming.
- Sophomore Kaela Schlevensky (Haymarket, Va.) made 12 saves in goal for the Wasps.
Roanoke Individual Leaders
- Barnard's goal came on 10 shots including six on target as she added four assists.
- Perry and Schad had a pair of goals on four shots each.
- Chris Martin and Kaitlyn French combined for the shutout in net.
- Emory & Henry will conclude the 2018 season on Saturday when it visits Sweet Briar College.
- Kickoff is set for 2:00 p.m.