GREENSBORO, N.C. – The Guilford College Women's Soccer Team (5-8, 3-4 ODAC) scored the go-ahead goal in the 72nd minute to rally for a 2-1 win over visiting Emory & Henry College (1-13-1, 1-6 ODAC) Wednesday afternoon in an Old Dominion Athletic Conference contest.
FINAL SCORE – Guilford 2, Emory & Henry 1
LOCATION – Greensboro, North Carolina
VENUE – Appenzeller Field at the Armfield Athletic Complex
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (1-13-1, 1-6 ODAC); Guilford (5-8, 3-4 ODAC)
How It Happened
- Emory & Henry got on the board at the 1:59 mark when junior midfielder Makayla Carter (Lewisburg, W.Va.) scored a goal assisted by senior midfielder Gillian Hogg (Richmond, Va.).
- The Quakers equalized in the 25th minute as Karol Jaimes crossed in a ball for Emily Shephard, who slotted it into the goal.
- With 18:50 left to play, GC got the match winner from Katie Kaznowski. Cheyenne Wright provided the cross to earn the assist.
Emory & Henry Individual Leaders
- Carter's goal was her first of the season while sophomore forward Kelci Horner (Salem, Va.) and freshman forward Callie McMurray (Weber City, Va.) each had a pair of attempts.
- Senior goalkeeper Kieran Liseski (Mooresville, N.C.) totaled 15 saves, her sixth match of the season with 10 or more stops.
Guilford Individual Leaders
- Shephard and Wright each had four shots with Shephard putting all of hers on target.
- Aubrey Gunther notched the win between the pipes, making four saves.
- Emory & Henry will return home for its final home match of the season on Sunday when it hosts Randolph College.
- The contest, which will serve as Senior Day for the Wasps, is set to begin at 1:00 p.m.