EMORY, Va. – The Ferrum College Women's Soccer Team (4-0-1, 1-0 ODAC) scored a pair of goals in the opening 10 minutes to propel itself to a 4-1 win over Emory & Henry College (0-8-1, 0-2 ODAC) Wednesday evening in Old Dominion Athletic Conference play. It was the first time that the Wasps and Panthers have met as league opponents.
FINAL SCORE – Ferrum 4, Emory & Henry 1
LOCATION – Emory, Virginia
VENUE – Nicewonder Field at Fred Selfe Stadium
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (0-8-1, 0-2 ODAC); Ferrum (4-0-1, 1-0 ODAC)
How It Happened
- The Panthers got on the board at the 3:07 mark when Casey Raggett flicked on a ball inside the six-yard box to an awaiting Ayanna Virgin. Virgin made it a 2-0 contest just three minutes later when she cleaned up a rebound from one of her shots.
- Just after halftime, Emory & Henry got on the board. Senior midfielder Gillian Hogg (Richmond, Va.) posted her second goal of the year when she settled a ball off the goalkeeper's hands and put it in the back of the net.
- FC got a pair of insurance goals in the last 30 minutes, the first coming from Alexis McCargo, assisted by Raggett. The final score happed with 10:52 to play as Frances Best scored on a cross from the left side by Brianna Honse.
Emory & Henry Leaders
- Hogg scored her goal on a pair of shots while sophomore forward Kelci Horner (Salem, Va.) added a pair of shots of her own.
- Senior goalkeeper Kieran Liseski (Mooresville, N.C.) played the full 90 minutes and made 11 saves, including seven in the first half.
- Virgin's two goals came on eight shots while Honse added five shots on the night.
- Taylor Dodson earned the win in net for the Panthers, stopping three shots.
- Emory & Henry will remain at home on Saturday when it hosts Virginia Wesleyan University in an ODAC contest at 1:00 p.m.