EMORY, Va. – The Greensboro College Women's Soccer Team (6-0, 0-0 USA South) used a three-goal second half to pull away from Emory & Henry College (1-3, 0-0 ODAC) Wednesday afternoon in non-conference action.
FINAL SCORE – Greensboro 5, Emory & Henry 0
LOCATION – Emory, Virginia – Nicewonder Field at Fred Selfe Stadium
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (1-3, 0-0 ODAC); Greensboro (6-0, 0-0 USA South)
How It Happened
- Samantha Whipp put the Pride on the board early in the seventh minute as she settled a loose ball off a corner inside the 18-yard box and struck it past the goalkeeper.
- GC went up 2-0 at the half thanks to a goal by Alexis Chase at the 37:53 mark. Anna Rae Porcelli was credited with the assist.
- After the break, Mercedes Fisher tallied a pair of goals assisted by Isabella Cross and Meredith Priest in the 54thh and 65thh minutes, respectively.
- Greensboro got the final tally with less than five and a half minutes to play on an unassisted goal by Alexa Rehling.
Emory & Henry Leaders
- Freshman forward Kelci Horner (Salem, Va.), freshman midfielder Taylor Vizconde (Chesapeake, Va.) and sophomore midfielder Lexi DeMers (Palmyra, Va.) each had a shot on goal for the Wasps.
- Senior goalkeeper Kayla Wright (Franklin County, Va.) made eight saves, playing the full match in net.
- Fisher led the way for the Pride with two goals while Devin D'Agostin had four shots on target.
- Brittany Morrison earned the shutout victory, making five saves.
A Deeper Look
- Greensboro held a 24-6 lead on shots including a 9-5 margin on shots on goal.
- The Pride also led 11-0 on corner kicks.
- Emory & Henry will return to the road on Friday evening when it travels to face Brevard College in a non-conference matchup.
- Kickoff between the Wasps and Tornados is set for 7:00 p.m.