LYNCHBURG, Va. – The Emory & Henry College Track & Field Teams made history on Friday and Saturday at the Dr. Jack M. Toms Alumni Invitational, hosted by Lynchburg College. The meet signaled the rebirth of men’s track & field at E&H after a 24-year absence while Wasp athletes competed for the first time in women’s track & field.
EVENT – Dr. Jack M. Toms Alumni Invitational
LOCATION – Lynchburg, Virginia
VENUE – Dr. Jack M. Toms Track at Shellenberger Field
- Sophomore Trel Phillips (Ooltewah, Tenn.) placed third in the shot put open division with a throw of 12.73 meters (41' 9") and was fourth in the open division discus (34.86m; 113' 9"). Freshman Colton Slaughter (Bastian, Va.) was sixth in the open discus at 32.62 meters (107' 0").
- In the 5,000 meters, junior Austin Tolbert (Wytheville, Va.) finished eighth in 17:44.28.
- Junior Jordan Powers (Chilhowie, Va.) was eighth in the high jump, clearing 1.73 meters (5' 8").
- On the women's side, junior Asia Stephens (Vinton, Va.) put up a pair of top-10 finishes in the shot put (seventh; 9.10m; 29' 10") and the discus (eighth; 24.43m; 80' 1").
- Freshman Alette McGuire (Chesapeake, Va.) was seventh in the 1,500 meters with a time of 5:42.56.
The Results - Men
|110 Meter Hurdles|
|Shot Put - Invitational|
|Shot Put - Open|
|Discus - Invitational|
|Discus - Open|
The Results - Women
- Emory & Henry will next compete at the Berry Field Day Invitational on the weekend of Friday, April 6 and Saturday, April 7.