KERNSTOWN, Va. – The Emory & Henry College Men's Cross Country Team finished eighth at the 2018 Old Dominion Athletic Conference Championship on Saturday. The meet was held at the Kernstown Battlefield outside of Winchester, Virginia with Shenandoah University serving as this year's host.
FINAL RESULT – 8th/11
LOCATION – Kernstown, Virginia
VENUE – Kernstown Battlefield
The Results – 8K (5 miles)
- Freshman Tony McGuire (Chesapeake, Va.) led the Wasps with a time of 28:33 to finish 29th overall.
- Senior Zane Moran (Floyd, Va.) took 42nd in 29:31 while senior Austin Tolbert (Wytheville, Va.) posted a 59th-place finish (30:43).
- Freshman Lucas Biggerstaff (Knoxville, Tenn.) clocked a 31:40 to place 69th as freshman Henry Quesenberry (Christiansburg, Va.) was 82nd in 33:26.
- Junior Colt Pierce (Lockhart, Texas) rounded out the team in 38:29.
- Washington and Lee University won its fourth-straight championship with all five scoring runners in the top 10. The University of Lynchburg was second overall.
- Bridgewater College's Robert Heigel won his second straight individual ODAC title, stopping the watches in 25:24. He defeated W&L's Alex Dolwick by 35 seconds.
- Emory & Henry will complete the 2018 season at the NCAA Division III South/Southeast Region Championship on Saturday, November 10.
- Berry College will serve as the host for this year's regional meet.