GREENSBORO, N.C. – The Emory & Henry College Men's & Women's Swimming Teams kept rolling on Saturday on day two of the 2019 Old Dominion Athletic Conference Championships. The women are tied for fourth after 12 completed events while the men are tied for sixth.
WOMEN'S RESULT – T-4th/11
MEN'S RESULT – T-6th/10
LOCATION – Greensboro, North Carolina
VENUE – Greensboro Aquatic Center
- Event 11 – 200-Yard Medley Relay – Sophomore Lauren Trotter (Bristol, Va.), freshman Leah Mumpower (Bristol, Va.), freshman Cat Sweigart (Bridgewater, Va.) and junior Taylor Simmons (Fincastle, Va.) took sixth with a time of 2:04.03.
- Event 13 – 400-Yard Individual Medley – Junior Savannah Scarbrough (Crozet, Va.) finished 11th in 4:58.94.
- Event 15 – 100-Yard Butterfly – Freshman Anne-Louise Tunstall (Mount Airy, N.C.) went 1:02.73 to take 11th.
- Event 17 – 200-Yard Freestyle – Junior Olivia Anson (Apex, N.C.) got the top seed in the preliminaries and finished third overall with a time of 1:55.41.
- Event 19 – 100-Yard Breaststroke – Sweigart claimed fifth with a swim of 1:08.20 while Scarbrough and Mumpower were 11th (1:11.51) and 14th (1:13.42) respectively.
- Event 21 – 100-Yard Backstroke – Simmons finished 21st in the preliminaries at 1:11.50 while Trotter was 22nd on a 1:12.81.
- Event 23 – 800-Yard Freestyle Relay – The Wasps finished fifth on the efforts of Tunstall, Scarbrough, Mumpower, and Anson, who went 8:34.67.
- Event 12 – 200-Yard Medley Relay – The Wasps qualified eighth in the morning session with a record time of 1:47.96 but suffered a disqualification in the finals.
- Event 14 – 400-Yard Individual Medley – Freshman Brett Breeze (Cumming, Ga.) took 11th with a new E&H record of 4:36.18.
- Event 16 – 100-Yard Butterfly – Freshman Tariq Gardner (Richmond, Va.) was the second alternate at 18th (:59.95) while freshman Nick Moore (Lebanon, Va.) claimed 22nd (1:05.46).
- Event 18 – 200-Yard Freestyle – Freshman Mack Henningsen (Abingdon, Va.) posted a new Emory & Henry best with a 14th-place finish at 1:52.37. Junior Nick Barr (Chilhowie, Va.) was 17th as the first alternate on a 2:05.07.
- Event 20 – 100-Yard Breaststroke – Freshman Braxton Justice (Spanishburg, W.Va.) was 10th in 1:03.17 while Breeze was 15th (1:05.32). Junior Jarod Bracero (Union City, N.J.) was 25th in the preliminaries. Justice's swim was a new Wasp record.
- Event 22 – 100-Yard Backstroke – Madaris took 19th overall in the preliminaries at 1:01.26.
- Event 24 – 800-Yard Freestyle Relay – Justice, Breeze, Madaris and Henningsen set a final Emory & Henry record on the day with a 7:46.03, besting the previous mark by nearly 20 seconds.
- Emory & Henry will conclude the 2019 ODAC Championships on Sunday with preliminaries beginning at 10:00 a.m., and finals starting at 5:00 p.m.