ASHLAND, Va. – The Randolph-Macon College Men's Soccer Team (7-6-2, 4-4-1 ODAC) picked up a 5-0 Old Dominion Athletic Conference win over Emory & Henry College (6-11, 0-10 ODAC) Saturday afternoon.
FINAL SCORE – Randolph-Macon 5, Emory & Henry 0
LOCATION – Ashland, Virginia
VENUE – R-MC Soccer Field
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (6-11, 0-10 ODAC); Randolph-Macon (7-6-2, 4-4-1 ODAC)
How It Happened
- Randolph-Macon got things started at the 13:46 mark of the match on a goal by Judge Morgan.
- The Yellow Jackets made it 2-0 in the 25th minute when Ryan Staton served a ball in from the top that found Isaac Myers, who put it in the back of the net.
- RMC added three goals in the last 20 minutes to make the final score 5-0. Anthony Astruc, Andrew Gyimesi and Brooks Eason scored for the Yellow Jackets.
Emory & Henry Individual Leaders
- Freshman forward Jeff Hurlock (Fredericksburg, Va.) had two shots while senior Tyequis Stallins (Chesapeake, Va.) added a shot on goal.
- Freshman Emory Cornette (Richmond, Va.) made three saves in net.
Randolph-Macon Individual Leaders
- Anthony Astruc led all players with seven shots and two shots on target.
- Brian Breslin earned the shutout in goal for the Yellow Jackets, making two saves.
- Emory & Henry will play its final game of the regular season on Sunday when it takes on Regent University at 3:00 p.m.
- The contest will be the first-ever meeting between the two squads.