EMORY, Va. – The Anderson (Ind.) University Men's Soccer Team (4-2-1) earned a 2-1 win over Emory & Henry College (3-4) Saturday at Fred Selfe Stadium. Senior forward Jordan Couch (Abingdon, Va.) etched his name in the E&H history books once again as he tied the program record for points in a career.
FINAL SCORE – Anderson (Ind.) 2, Emory & Henry 1
LOCATION – Emory, Virginia – Nicewonder Field at Fred Selfe Stadium
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (3-4, 0-0 ODAC); Anderson (Ind.) (4-2-1, 0-0 Heartland)
How It Happened
- The Ravens got on the board at the 22:29 mark of the game as Jacob Pokorski took a cross from Race Williams and slotted it past the goalkeeper.
- AU made it 2-0 in the 81st minute when Daniel Collins cleaned up a ball at the back post after a shot by Sean Cain.
- Couch spoiled the shutout for Anderson and earned his 71st career point (30 goals, 11 assists) when he converted a free kick from just outside the 18-yard box with just eight seconds remaining in the contest.
- Sophomore goalkeeper Cole Schreiner (Atlanta, Ga.) made four saves despite the loss while Anderson's Brandon Weer posted nine saves in the match.
- Emory & Henry, which has played five matches in the past nine days, will next take the week off before opening Old Dominion Athletic Conference play on Saturday, September 23.
- The Wasps will host the Marlins of Virginia Wesleyan University at Fred Selfe Stadium at 3:00 p.m.