ROCKFORD, Tenn. – The Emory & Henry College Men's Golf Team concluded the fall portion of its season with a fourth-place finish in the Maryville College Fall Invitational. The two-day, 36-hole event was hosted by Maryville (Tenn.) College at Egwani Farms Golf Course.
Tournament – Maryville College Fall Invitational
Host – Maryville (Tenn.) College
Format – Stroke Play/36 holes/5-count-4
Course – Egwani Farms Golf Course
Location – Rockford, Tennessee
Par – 35-35 – 70
Length – 6,432 Yards
Emory & Henry
- Sophomore Wesley Jones (Seymour, Tenn.) finished in fifth place after shooting a 75 (+5) on Tuesday to card a +7 for the tournament.
- Junior Carlos Andrade (Guayaquil, ECUADOR) shot a 76 (+6) to finish tied for 16th at +13 while sophomore Blake Benson (Knoxville, Tenn.) carded a +7 (77) with placed him 21st (+16) for the tournament.
- Junior Tanner Carter (Saltville, Va.) and sophomore Isfandyar Khan (Lahore, PAKISTAN) each posted rounds of 85 to finish tied for 34th and 37th, respectively.
- Maryville, ranked No. 31 in NCAA Division III by Golfstat, won the tournament with a score of +19 (579), taking the title by 26 strokes over Covenant College.
- MC's Tyler Bray, the No. 78 player in the nation, posted the best score of the event on Tuesday (67), to take medalist honors by five strokes over Nathan Hawkins of Covenant College.
- Emory & Henry will return to action in the spring of 2019.