ROCKFORD, Tenn. – The Emory & Henry College Men's Golf Team sits in second place out of nine competing teams after 18 holes at the Maryville College Fall Invitational Monday. The event is being hosted by Maryville (Tenn.) College at Egwani Farms Golf Course.
Tournament – Maryville College Fall Invitational
Host – Maryville (Tenn.) College
Format – Stroke Play/36 holes/5-count-4
Course – Egwani Farms Golf Course
Location – Rockford, Tennessee
Par – 35-35 – 70
Length – 6,432 Yards
Emory & Henry
- Sophomore Wesley Jones (Seymour, Tenn.) leads the way with a +2 (72) and sits in a tie for fourth while junior Carlos Andrade (Guayaquil, ECUADOR) is 13th at +7 (77).
- Sophomore Blake Benson (Knoxville, Tenn.) shot a 79 (+9) and is in an eight-way deadlock at 14th while junior Tanner Carter (Saltville, Va.) is tied for 24th with three other players at +11 (81).
- Sophomore Isfandyar Khan (Lahore, PAKISTAN) rounds out the team with an 82 (+12) to sit tied for 28th.
- Maryville, ranked No. 31 in NCAA Division III by Golfstat, leads the event after shooting a 289 (+9) on day one. The Scots have four golfers in the top five.
- MC's Tyler Bray, the No. 78 player in the country, and Wil Manuel, also from Maryville, are tied for the lead after carding a -1 (69).
- Emory & Henry will conclude the fall portion of its schedule on Tuesday when it completes play in the Maryville College Fall Invitational.