SUFFOLK, Va. – The Emory & Henry College Men's Golf Team finished 11th out of 16 schools in the 69th Virginia State Golf Association Intercollegiate Monday. The event, sponsored annually by the Virginia State Golf Association, was hosted this year by Virginia Wesleyan University.
Tournament – 69th VSGA Intercollegiate
Host – Virginia State Golf Association; Virginia Wesleyan University
Format – Stroke Play/36 holes/5-count-4
Course – Sleepy Hole Golf Course
Location – Suffolk, Virginia
Par – 36-36 – 72
Length – 6,599 Yards
Emory & Henry
- Sophomore Wesley Jones (Seymour, Tenn.) shot a 78 on Tuesday to finish at +8 (152) for the event in a three-way tie for 15th.
- Sophomore Blake Benson (Knoxville, Tenn.) trimmed six shots off his score from Monday to move up 14 spots. For the tournament he carded a +18 (162) to tie for 49th.
- Sophomore Isfandyar Khan (Lahore, PAKISTAN) had the best improvement of any E&H player from Monday to Tuesday, carving seven strokes away to shoot 81 (+9). He finished the tournament tied for 66th at +25.
- Junior Carlos Andrade (Guayaquil, ECUADOR) shot an 84 in round two to finish the event in 69th place at +26 while junior Tanner Carter (Saltville, Va.) carded a 90 for a T-72nd finish.
- Varun Yerramserri of Hampden-Sydney College posted an even-par 72 on Tuesday to win the event at -1 (143). Virginia Union University's Allan Day and Randolph-Macon College's Trey Razzetti were one stroke back in second at even par (144).
- Virginia Union posted the team low round (293) on Tuesday to take the championship with a score of +18 (594). Randolph-Macon was the team runner-up (+29) while Averett University took third (+31).
- Emory & Henry next compete in the Maryville College Fall Invitational on Monday, October 29 and Tuesday, October 30.