SUFFOLK, Va. – The Emory & Henry College Men's Golf Team is in 13th place out of 16 competing teams after day one of the 69th Annual Virginia State Golf Association Intercollegiate Monday.
Tournament – 69th VSGA Intercollegiate
Host – Virginia State Golf Association; Virginia Wesleyan University
Format – Stroke Play/36 holes/5-count-4
Course – Sleepy Hole Golf Course
Location – Suffolk, Virginia
Par – 36-36 – 72
Length – 6,599 Yards
Emory & Henry
- Sophomore Wesley Jones (Seymour, Tenn.) is in a four-way tie for ninth at +2 (74).
- Junior Tanner Carter (Saltville, Va.) carded a 82 (+10) to tie for 49th while sophomore Blake Benson (Knoxville, Tenn.) shot a 84 (+12) and is tied for 63rd.
- Junior Carlos Andrade (Guayaquil, ECUADOR) turned in a +14 (86) while sophomore Isfandyar Khan (Lahore, PAKISTAN) shot 88 (+16).
- Sebastian Bonte of the University of Mary Washington leads the field after carding a 69 (-3), one stroke ahead of Randolph-Macon College's Trey Razzetti (-2). Carter Old of the University of Lynchburg and Varun Yerramserri of Hampden-Sydney College are two shots back in third (-1).
- Randolph-Macon leads the way by three strokes, after shooting a +10 (298). Virginia Union University is second (+13) while Christopher Newport University and the Mary Washington are tied for third (+14).
- Emory & Henry will conclude play in the VSGA Intercollegiate on Tuesday.