GREENEVILLE, Tenn. – The Emory & Henry College Men's Golf Team sits in third place after 18 holes of competition at Tusculum University's Bob Dibble Classic Monday. The two-day, 36-hole event kicks off the 2018-19 season for the Wasps.
The Wasps' team score of 301 (+17) is a record-low since the program was reinstated in the 2016-17 season. Additionally, sophomore Wesley Jones (Seymour, Tenn.) leads the event by two strokes after carding a -1 (70) in the opening round.
Tournament – Bob Dibble Classic
Host – Tusculum University
Format – Stroke Play/36 holes/5-count-4
Course – Link Hills Country Club
Location – Greeneville, Tennessee
Par – 71
Length – 6,763 Yards
Emory & Henry
- Jones leads the way at -1 while junior Carlos Andrade (Guayaquil, ECUADOR) is tied for fifth at 74 (+3).
- Sophomore Blake Benson (Knoxville, Tenn.) shot a +5 (76) to sit tied for 11th.
- Junior Tanner Carter (Saltville, Va.) (+10; 81) and freshman Alex Cameron (Mascot, Tenn.) (+13; 84) are 19th and 22nd overall, respectively.
- Jones leads Tusculum's Mat DiBella by two shots (+1; 73).
- Walters State Community College carded a +11 (295) to lead the way on Monday, while TU is second at +13 (297).
- Emory & Henry will play the final 18 holes of the Bob Dibble Classic on Tuesday.