RICHMOND, Va. – The Emory & Henry College Men's Golf Team is tied for 11th out of 20 competing teams after 18 holes at the 68th Virginia State Golf Association Intercollegiate Championship. This year's collegiate host is NCAA Division II-member Virginia Union University and is being played at Stonehenge Golf & Country Club in Richmond.
Tournament – 68th Virginia State Golf Association Intercollegiate Championship
Host – Virginia Union University/VSGA
Format – Stroke Play/36 holes/5-count-4
Course – Stonehenge Golf & Country Club
Location – Richmond, Virginia
Length – 6,660 Yards (Round 1); 6,725 Yards (Round 2)
Par – 36-35 – 71
Emory & Henry
- Sophomore Carlos Andrade (Guayaquil, ECUADOR) is tied for 14th after shooting a +2 (73) on day one.
- Sophomore Ben Owen (Rogersville, Tenn.) is one-shot back (+3; 74) tied for 27th.
- Junior Wes Blaylock (Bristol, Va.) carded a 78 (+7) and freshman Chase Burt (Jefferson City, Tenn.) turned in an 80 (+9) to tie for 55th and 74th, respectively.
- Freshman Wesley Jones (Seymour, Tenn.) rounded out the team with +12 (83).
- As a team, the Wasps are tied for sixth with Randolph-Macon College among Old Dominion Athletic Conference teams.
- Virginia Wesleyan University leads the way after shooting a +5 (289) on Monday. The Marlins have a pair of players tied for fourth place.
- Leading the field is Lynchburg College's Josh Irby, who carded a 68 (-3) to lead by one stroke.
- Emory & Henry will complete play in the 68th VSGA Intercollegiate Championship on Tuesday.