ST. HELENA ISLAND, S.C. – The Emory & Henry College Men's Golf Team completed its first tournament of the spring on Tuesday, finishing in eighth place out of 13 teams TaylorMade/adidas Intercollegiate hosted by Ohio Wesleyan University. The tournament was held at the Cotton Dike Course at the Dataw Island Club.
Tournament – TaylorMade/adidas Intercollegiate
Format – Stroke Play/54 holes/5-count-4
Course – Cotton Dike Course at the Dataw Island Club
Location – St. Helena Island, South Carolina
Length – 6,718 Yards
Par – 36-36 – 72
- The Wasps shot the sixth-best team score on Tuesday, combining for a 321 (+33).
- Freshman Carlos Andrade (Guayaquil, ECUADOR) put up a +1 (73) on the day to move into a tie for fourth for the tournament (+9; 225).
- Sophomore Ryan Hyatt (Bristol, Va.) shot 85 (+13) in the final round for an overall score of 239 (+23) and a tie for 28th place. Sophomore Wes Blaylock (Bristol, Va.) also had an 85 and was tied for 56th in the field (+36; 252).
- Freshman Ben Owen (Rogersville, Tenn.) carded a 78 for the second best score on the team on the day. Owen ended the tournament tied for 59th with a +37 (253).
- Freshman Richard Fishwick (Roanoke, Va.) went +17 (89) on the final day to finish the event with a score of 258.
- Indian Hills Community College of Iowa captured the team championship, shooting a +26 (890) for the tournament. The Falcons carded the top three individual scores led by Ricky Saunders with an even-par 216.
- Emory & Henry's next tournament will be the Tusculum Invitational on Saturday, March 25 and Sunday, March 26.
- The event, which will mostly feature NCAA Division II teams, will take place at Link Hills Country Club in Greeneville, Tennessee.