MARYVILLE, Tenn. – The Maryville (Tenn.) College Baseball Team (5-4) got all the runs it needed in the bottom of the first on its way to a 4-0 victory over visiting Emory & Henry College (1-6) Tuesday afternoon in a non-conference contest. It was the first game in 10 days for the Wasps, who saw last weekend's series with SUNY Fredonia washed out.
FINAL SCORE – Maryville (Tenn.) 4, Emory & Henry 0
LOCATION – Maryville, Tennessee
VENUE – Scotland Yard
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (1-6, 0-0 ODAC); Maryville (Tenn.) (5-4, 0-0 USA South)
How It Happened
- MC jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the bottom of the first as Mike Horman singled to left field. Cody Gregory pushed two more across with his double two batters later.
- The Scots added an insurance run in the eighth to push the score to 4-0 and held recorded three outs in the ninth to seal the victory.
- Damian Lusby earned the earned the win, allowing just two hits with four strikeouts in five innings pitched.
- Wasp sophomore J.T. Agosto (Cornelius, N.C.) took the loss, allowing three runs on seven hits in four innings of work.
- Emory & Henry will play its first home games of the season this weekend when it hosts Mount Aloysius College in a three-game series.
- Saturday's action will come as a pair of seven-inning games beginning at noon.