GREENSBORO, N.C. – The Emory & Henry College Volleyball Team (2-6, 0-0 ODAC) dropped its two matches on Sunday at the Greensboro College Invitational. The Wasps lost a five-set thriller to the Hawks of Huntingdon College 3-2 (25-12, 20-25, 21-25, 25-20, 15-12) in the opener before falling, 3-0 (25-22, 25-21, 25-18) to the host Greensboro Pride.
LOCATION – Greensboro, North Carolina – Hanes Gymnasium
RESULTS – Huntington 3, Emory & Henry 2 (25-12, 20-25, 21-25, 25-20, 15-12)
Greensboro 3, Emory & Henry 0 (25-22, 25-21, 25-18)
The Huntingdon Match
- Junior right-side hitter Tori Holmberg (Wake Forest, N.C.) led Emory & Henry with 14 kills and added six digs and three service aces.
- Junior middle Rebecca Morehouse (Kingsport, Tenn.) put up eight kills, two aces and three blocks while senior outside hitter Ali Singleton (Mount Jackson, Va.) had six kills and 12 digs.
- Junior setter Sam McCauley (Glade Spring, Va.) noted a double-double with 32 assists and 10 digs to go along with three aces.
- Sophomore libero Lauren Coolidge (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.) contributed a team-high 13 digs.
- As a team, E&H hit .095 (37-25-126) and had 12 service aces and six blocks.
- Huntingdon was led offensively by Shelby McAllister and Alexis Creasman with 12 and 11 kills, respectively.
The Greensboro Match
- Singleton led the way with 11 kills on a .333 (11-2-27) hitting percentage and added seven digs while Holmberg had 10 kills.
- McCauley dished out 19 assists while Coolidge had seven digs.
- Emory & Henry hit .159 (27-13-88) for the match but only managed two aces and three blocks in the contest.
- Danyale Berry had 11 kills for Greensboro while Emily Horn added eighth kills, five aces and 10 digs.
- Emory & Henry will open Old Dominion Athletic Conference play on Wednesday evening at 6:30 p.m., when it hosts Roanoke College.