MARIETTA, Ohio – The Emory & Henry College Volleyball Team (0-4, 0-0 ODAC) suffered a pair of losses on Saturday in the final day of the River City Volleyball Tournament hosted by Marietta College. The Wasps fell 3-0 (25-22, 25-15, 25-23) to the Lions of Mount St. Joseph University in the opener of the day and dropped a 3-0 (25-21, 25-20, 25-12) decision to the Thiel College Tomcats.
LOCATION – Marietta, Ohio – Ban Johnson Arena
RESULTS – Mount St. Joseph 3, Emory & Henry 0 (25-22, 25-15, 25-23)
Thiel 3, Emory & Henry 0 (25-21, 25-20, 25-12)
The Mount St. Joseph Match
- Junior right-side hitter Tori Holmberg (Wake Forest, N.C.) led the way with 11 kills and added 17 digs for a double-double while senior outside hitter Ali Singleton (Mount Jackson, Va.) had seven kills and 15 digs.
- Junior middle Rebecca Morehouse (Kingsport, Tenn.) had seven kills as well.
- Junior setter Sam McCauley (Glade Spring, Va.) dished out 30 assists and completed the double-double with 17 digs while sophomore Lauren Coolidge (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.) had 17 digs in the match.
- Emory & Henry hit .138 (35-17-130) as a team, added five aces and two blocks.
The Thiel Match
- Singleton had nine kills and a .409 (9-0-22) hitting percentage with 10 digs while Morehouse tacked on five kills.
- Junior middle Megan Stitzer (Chesterfield, Va.) hit an even .500 with four kills and no errors and McCauley added another double-double (25 assists, 11 digs) to go along with three kills.
- The Wasps bettered their hitting percentage in the second match of the day, swinging at a .149 (28-14-94) clip, but suffered from 12 service errors.
- Emory & Henry will open the home portion of its season on Tuesday evening at 7:00 p.m., when it welcomes Ferrum College to the John Rutledge King Center.