EMORY, Va. – The Emory & Henry College Women's Soccer Team (2-7-1, 1-1-1 ODAC) went back and forth with Guilford College (3-6-1, 0-3-1 ODAC) for a full 110 minutes Wednesday afternoon, but neither team was able to find the back of the net. It marked the second straight year that the Wasps and Quakers have played to a tie.
FINAL SCORE – Emory & Henry 0, Guilford 0
LOCATION – Emory, Virginia – Nicewonder Field at Fred Selfe Stadium
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (2-7-1, 1-1-1 ODAC); Guilford (3-6-1, 0-3-1 ODAC)
How It Happened
- The Wasps outshot the Quakers in each period of regulation but were unable to find the back of the net.
- E&H and GC tied 2-2 on shots in the two extra periods.
- Emory & Henry junior Kieran Liseski (Mooresville, N.C.) and Guilford's Cheyenne Grim each posted four saves as Liseski earned her second shutout of the season.
Emory & Henry Leaders
- Senior midfielder April Yopp (Franklin County, Va.) led the team with four shots, putting two on frame.
- Sophomore forwards Ashley Love (Zirconia, N.C.) and Graysen Barrs (Abingdon, Va.) each had a pair of attempts.
- Kelsey Rielly had two shots on goal while Dana Waskiewicz and Morgan Henderson each had two chances.
A Deeper Look
- Emory & Henry led 13-10 on total shots.
- The Wasps also posted a 4-2 lead on corner kicks.
- Guilford was called offside three times while E&H was flagged twice.
- Emory & Henry will remain at home on Saturday when it hosts Sweet Briar College at 1:00 p.m., in ODAC action.
- The match will be a doubleheader with the Wasps' men's team which will play Randolph-Macon College at 3:00 p.m.