CARY, N.C. – The Emory & Henry College Women's Soccer Team (1-2, 0-0 ODAC) broke open a 1-0 game with three goals in the second half en route to a 4-0 road victory over William Peace University (1-3, 0-0 USA South) Sunday afternoon.
FINAL SCORE – Emory & Henry 4, William Peace 0
LOCATION – Cary, North Carolina – WakeMed Soccer Park
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (1-2, 0-0 ODAC); William Peace (1-3, 0-0 USA South)
How It Happened
- Emory & Henry got its opening goal of the game in the 43rd minute as sophomore forward Graysen Barrs (Abingdon, Va.) played a ball ahead to senior forward Christina Ameen (Sweetwater, Tenn.) for the score.
- Nine minutes into the second half, the Wasps struck again. After Ameen earned a corner kick for the Wasps, junior midfielder Gillian Hogg (Richmond, Va.) served a ball inside the six-yard box which hit off a Pacer defender and into the net for an own goal.
- E&H pushed the margin to 3-0 in the 59th minute when senior midfielder April Yopp (Franklin County, Va.) settled a loose ball off a corner at the top of the box and slotted it home.
- Sophomore midfielder Morgan Callaghan (Chester, Va.) made the final score 4-0 with her first collegiate goal from 35 yards out, beating the goalkeeper who was out of position.
- Junior goalkeeper Kieran Liseski (Lake Norman, N.C.) and freshman Kaela Schlevensky (Haymarket, Va.) each played 45 minutes in frame, combining for the shutout.
- Emory & Henry will have its first home game of the season on Wednesday when it hosts Greensboro College in a non-conference contest.
- Kickoff between the Wasps and Pride is set for 4:00 p.m., at Fred Selfe Stadium.