NORTH MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. – The Emory & Henry College Softball Team (16-2, 0-0 ODAC) completed its slate of eight games at the Fastpitch Dreams Spring Classic with a perfect 8-0 record Friday. The Wasps capped the week with a 10-0 run-rule victory over Wesley College (9-4, 0-0 CAC).
GAME ONE – Emory & Henry 10, Wesley 0 (five innings)
LOCATION – North Myrtle Beach, S.C.
VENUE – North Myrtle Beach Sports Complex
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (16-2, 0-0 ODAC); Wesley (9-4, 0-0 CAC)
Emory & Henry 10, Wesley 0
- Emory & Henry broke open the game with four runs in the bottom of the first. A two-run triple to centerfield by senior first baseman Caley Hodge (Elizabethton, Tenn.) highlighted the frame while the Wasps also scored on a passes ball and a while pitch.
- In the third, E&H added runs on a double by Hodge and a single by sophomore third baseman Courtney Herron (Roanoke, Va.) to make the score 6-0.
- The Wasps tacked on four more runs in the fourth to take a 10-0 lead on four-straight hits. Freshman designated player Kendall Varner (Bassett, Va.) had a triple in the frame.
- Emory & Henry sophomore pitcher Tiffany Cole (Wise, Va.) earned the complete-game shutout with three 1-2-3 innings, two strikeouts, just two hits and no walks.
- Dori Loukopoulos suffered the loss, allowing 10 runs on 10 hits in 3.2 innings of work.
- E&H will travel to Danville, Virginia on Wednesday, March 21 to face Averett University in a doubleheader.
- First pitch between the Wasps and Cougars is set for 2:30 p.m.