BRIDGEWATER, Va. – The Bridgewater College Men's Soccer Team (2-4, 0-0 ODAC) scored twice in the opening 25 minutes of play and held on for a 2-0 victory over visiting Emory & Henry College (3-2, 0-0 ODAC) Wednesday afternoon. The Wasps and Eagles were meeting in a non-conference matchup as this season's league schedule did not have the two teams scheduled to play.
FINAL SCORE – Bridgewater 2, Emory & Henry 0
LOCATION – Bridgewater, Virginia – Bridgewater Field at Jopson Athletic Complex
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (3-2, 0-0 ODAC); Bridgewater (2-4, 0-0 ODAC)
How It Happened
- Julian Ofori put the Eagles on top 1-0 at the 13:13 mark of the game with an unassisted goal, spinning and firing past the goalkeeper on the near post.
- Bridgewater's other score came late in the 25th minute as Ofori struck paydirt again, this time taking a cross from Sam Beckman and finishing at the back post.
- The final 65 minutes of play would go scoreless as BC retained the 2-0 margin for the win.
Emory & Henry Individual Leaders
- Sophomore midfielder Andrew Kincaid (Fredericksburg, Va.) led the Wasps with two shots on goal while sophomore midfielder Campbell Hancock (Rapidan, Va.) had three attempts.
- Junior forward Tyequis Stallins (Chesapeake, Va.) and freshman forward Wil Rimer (Mill Spring, N.C.) both tallied a shot on target.
- Freshman Hemza Ababneh (Midlothian, Va.) made two saves, playing the opening 45 minutes in goal while freshman Samuel Irvin (Charlottesville, Va.) finished the game, stopping four shots in the second half.
Bridgewater Individual Leaders
- Ofori provided the Eagles all the spark they needed, converting two of his three shots for goals.
- Quintin Boric earned the win in 74:31 of work, stopping two shots while Colin Rouaud made two saves in the final 15:29 of the contest.
A Deeper Look
- BC led E&H, 13-11 on shots including an 8-4 margin on shots on goal.
- The Wasps earned three corner kicks in the match compared to two for the Eagles.
- Emory & Henry's defense kept Bridgewater at bay, forcing six offside calls on the afternoon.
- Emory & Henry returns home on Friday to host Southern Virginia University at 5:00 p.m.
- Bridgewater will also make a trip to Fred Selfe Stadium this Friday, facing Anderson (Ind.) University following the E&H-SVU match.