FERRUM, Va. – The Ferrum College Men's Soccer Team (4-0, 0-0 USA South) scored three goals in the opening half en route to a 5-1 win over Emory & Henry College (3-1, 0-0 ODAC) Saturday evening in a non-conference contest.
FINAL SCORE – Ferrum 5, Emory & Henry 1
LOCATION – Ferrum, Virginia – Penn-Roediger Field
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (3-1, 0-0 ODAC); Ferrum (4-0, 0-0 USA South)
How It Happened
- The Panthers got on the board at the 20:36 mark of the contest when Michael Lyons converted a penalty kick.
- FC made it 3-0 at the half thanks to back-to-back goals from Moore Dolue (41st minute) and a second penalty kick, this time by Keith Ricks in the 43rd minute. Ricks assisted on Dolue's score.
- After the break, Emory & Henry junior forward Tyequis Stallins (Chesapeake, Va.) broke into the scoring column with his fourth goal of the year.
- Goals by Graham Holley at the 61:41 mark and by Roberto Cordoso 2:16 later pushed the final margin to 5-1. Lyons was credited with the assist on Holley's score.
Emory & Henry Individual Leaders
- Stallins provided the offensive spark for the Wasps with his goal.
- Junior midfielder Colin Foley (Chesapeake, Va.) and sophomore midfielder Campbell Hancock (Rapidan, Va.) each had two attempts on the evening.
- Sophomore goalkeeper Cole Schreiner (Atlanta, Ga.) made five saves in 64 minutes played while freshman Hemza Ababneh (Midlothian, Va.) stopped two shots in 24 minutes of work.
Ferrum Individual Leaders
- Lyons and Ricks each had a goal and an assist for the Panthers as Ricks finished with three shots on goal.
- Derek Thomas earned the win making two saves while Jason Anstice also saw action in the net for Ferrum.
A Deeper Look
- Ferrum led Emory & Henry on shots, 21-9, and shots on goal, 12-3.
- The Wasps held a 3-2 margin on corner kicks and were called offside on four occasions, compared to two violations by the Panthers.
- Emory & Henry travels to Bridgewater College on Wednesday for a non-conference matchup with the Eagles.
- Kickoff is set for 4:00 p.m.