ABINGDON, Va. – The Emory & Henry College Men's Golf Team finished second out of eight teams at the Emory & Henry Fall Classic Tuesday. E&H had two teams of five players and a pair of individuals competing at the event with the teams named "Gold" and "Blue." The Gold Team was the tournament runner-up while the Blue Team took third as Emory & Henry saw six of its players finish in the top 15 of the event.
Tournament – Emory & Henry Fall Classic
Host – Emory & Henry College
Format – Stroke Play/36 holes/5-count-4
Course – Glenrochie Country Club
Location – Abingdon, Virginia
Length – 6,855 Yards
Par – 35-37 – 72
Emory & Henry - Gold
- Freshman Chase Burt (Jefferson City, Tenn.) fired an 80 (+8) on Tuesday to finish tied for fifth at +14 (158) with sophomore Ben Owen (Rogersville, Tenn.), who shot 79 (+7) on the day.
- Freshman Wesley Jones (Seymour, Tenn.) carded an 84 (+12) to finish at 159 (+15) for seventh.
- Sophomore Carlos Andrade (Guayaquil, ECUADOR) completed the event in 11th place with an 84 (+12) on Tuesday while freshman Blake Benson (Knoxville, Tenn.) tied for 14th at 168 (+24) after a 90 today.
Emory & Henry – Blue
- Junior Wes Blaylock (Bristol, Va.) shaved 12 strokes off his Monday round and carded the second-best score of the day (74; +2) to move up to eighth place (160; +16) leading the Blue.
- Sophomore Richard Fishwick (Roanoke, Va.) dropped six strokes (85; +13) to tie for 19th at 176 (+32) with freshman Isfandyar Khan (Lahore, PAKISTAN), who shot 92 (+20) on Tuesday.
- Sophomore Luke Montalbano (Rumford, R.I.) finished 29th (185; +41) and freshman Hunter Watson (Jonesville, Va.) put up a put up a 94 (+22) to take 32nd.
Emory & Henry Individuals
- Freshman Conner Selecman (Saltville, Va.) finished 22nd with a Day Two score of 90 (+18) while sophomore Tanner Carter (Saltville, Va.) was 23rd, one stroke back at +34 (83-95 – 178).
- As a team, E&H Gold shot +61 (310-327 – 637) while E&H Blue carded a +119 (355-340 - 695).
- Virginia Union took the team title with three of the top four players and an overall score of +47 (317-306 – 623).
- Paul Meints of VUU was the low man of the tournament, also carding the best round of the day Tuesday (E; 72) while Allan Day and Sergio Escalante joined him on the All-Tournament Team.
- Isaiah Shaw of Fayetteville State University and Burt of Emory & Henry rounded out the top five players.
- Emory & Henry will next compete at the Virginia State Golf Association Intercollegiate Championship hosted by Virginia Union University.
- The tournament will be contested at Stonehenge Golf & Country Club in Richmond, Virginia on Monday, October 16 and Tuesday, October 17.